ScreenSpace is seeking a collaborative, open-minded, and inspiring creative leader, with a willingness to set the tone by being hands-on. Our new Creative Director will make sure our creativity solves our clients’ and customers’ most pressing issues and helps them achieve their most significant opportunities. This is an instrumental creative role, guiding the creative vision for ScreenSpace and reporting to our Chief Creative Officer.
As Creative Director, you will be responsible for leading high-profile client projects (ideation, presentation, and execution), conceptualizing and executing cutting-edge video templates using our proprietary ScreenSpace platform, and collaborating with our executives to produce content for marketing, onboarding, product training, and client/partner presentations. This position will begin entirely hands-on and evolve into a leadership role as we quickly expand our creative resources.
Here are some examples of videos we expect you to conceptualize, execute and deliver including UI motion, 3D animation, editing, music, and voice-over.
The Client-Facing Responsibilities
· Participate in brainstorms to share new design perspectives and ideas. Understand the given brand identity and assets for the project / client.
· Conceive, layout and design enticing motion graphics videos for various media including initial comps, mockups, layouts and stills to align with core team or client as needed in advance of animation.
· Produce animated 2D & 3D graphics packages for large-scale client and partner productions.
Be up to date and well versed in the latest motion graphics processes, methods, and techniques
· Create UI animations and transitions using raw layered screen assets provided by the client
· Research and analyze the best design techniques and solutions for creating motion graphics. Use creative thinking skills to exhibit a range of varied styles and techniques with an eye toward innovation.
· Source and edit music that fits the project / brand
· Source and hire voice-over talent and provide creative feedback
· Propose solutions and concepts with rough sketches, storyboards, or mood-boards to align with key decision makers.
· Design and edit video pieces that strongly communicate product brand narrative, goals and concepts.
· Log all client feedback and recognize patterns and trends between projects and clients
· Simultaneously manage multiple projects in various stages of production
The Internal Responsibilities
· Design and produce ScreenSpace templates using our proprietary software.
· Calibrate with our CEO and CCO to create on-brand video and image content for marketing, onboarding, product training, and partner presentations.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Advanced proficiency with industry standard design tools, specifically Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere, Adobe Photoshop & Adobe Illustrator.
· Proficiency in 2D and 3D motion design
· 3+ years in editing, specifically relating to editing to music and voice-over
· Basic understanding of UI motion design
· Someone who thinks conceptually, and has experience turning compelling conceptual ideas into successful advertising and marketing
· Experience editing music and voice-over to adjust pacing and duration
· Proven track record of breakthrough creative development and business success
· Moderate experience in Element 3D and/or Cinema 4D
· An enthusiasm for sharing and discussing ideas with a humble attitude
· A strong desire to learn through analysis and exploration. Design is subjective, but campaign performance is objective.
· Strong knowledge of layout and color
· 10+ years of experience cutting-edge design
· Creative artistic design ability, with quick turn-around skills
· Proficiency in motion design trends
· Comfortable working in a startup environment, creating organization and processes where none may already exist
· Effective time management and organizational skills, as well as strong attention to details
· Must include a link to your motion graphics portfolio/reel to demonstrate your creative talent and skill set
· 2+ years Brand/Agency experience
· Willing and able to handle multiple small daily projects with tight deadlines
· Deep passion for storytelling, advertising, marketing, film, etc.
· Strong communication skills and team player
· Open-minded and adaptive to how data, analytics, and other innovations can help inform the development of more effective creative
· Bachelor’s degree preferred